If you’ve been following any fantasy book blogs for any length of time, or if you happen to be a fantasy book blogger yourself, you will likely have noticed that the best thing about this community is… well, the community itself. The friendliness and enthusiasm that comes from book geeks coming together to geek about books is beyond words.
At the Inn, we’ve been very fortunate to have been welcomed into this community by a number of talented bloggers and fantastic people. This page serves as a bit of a thank-you to those people, and hopefully as a way of paying that kindness forward. We’d really appreciate it if you could give these blogs a follow, check out their posts and reviews, and lose yourself in even more book recommendations.
A few caveats… This is by no means an exhaustive list. There are so many great fantasy book bloggers out there that it would take a mammoth effort to list them all. The bloggers on this page are those that we at the inn are personally familiar with, or are fans of. However, if you were to check out the accounts followed by the Fantasy Spotlight Twitter account, you should be able to find a good couple of hundred more SFF bloggers.
- Booknest.eu — Quality content, reviews galore, competitions, giveaways, award ceremonies, and even charity work. Booknest does it all.
- Fantasy Book Critic — An institution in the fantasy blogger world. FBC always have the best posts, reviews, interviews, and whatever else you can think of.
- Fantasy Book Review — One of the biggest and best fantasy book reviewing (heh!) sites out there.
- FBR’s own Calvin Parks also runs the Under a Pile of Books podcast
- Novel Notions — A group of friends from around the world who share an infectious passion for fantasy.
- RockstarLit BookAsylum — Does Timy run the asylum, or does the asylum run her?
- The Fantasy Hive — The collaborative SFF website that has the community abuzz, run by some of the nicest people in the community.
- A Cat, A Book, and A Cup of Tea — Asha has great taste in books, and also perhaps the world’s most majestic cats.
- Black Forest Basilisks — eriophora has two cats, named Evil and Ninja, and a TBR tower that is only still standing due to copious amounts of scaffolding.
- Dianthaa — Sewing, cosplay, and book reviews. What more do you want?
- I Should Read That — A publishing professional and all-around lovely person, Justine also runs a Booktube channel and co-hosts a brilliant podcast.
- Keikii Eats Books — She literally eats them. It’s ridiculous. There’s no other way one person could get through so many.
- Off the TBR — Jason has a healthy mix of self-published fantasy reviews, and new traditionally-published releases.
- Paul’s Picks — Paul is one of the nicest guys on Fantasy Book Twitter when it comes to sharing other people’s reviews, but he has plenty of his own too!
- Runalong the Shelves — A great blog run by an actual womble (Note: we’ve been informed that this is not the case, but we refuse to believe otherwise).
- Superstardrifter — Another blogger we love! Kristen’s reviews are always a pleasure to read.
- The Book Wyrm — SPFBO finalist reviews, /r/Fantasy bingo reviews, and more.
- The Weatherwax Report — No longer updating, but with an impressive backlist of reviews always with the potential audience for a book in mind.
- There are Inkspots on my Page – Belle is a integral part of the fantasy community, being a member of the Continuum committee, and a judge for both the Aurealis Awards and SPFBO.
- Thoughts Stained with Ink — Nicole’s blog has reviews, musings on writing, some SPFBO judging, and some personal stuff all mixed together into a wonderful blog-stew.
- To Other Worlds — Warning. If you visit this blog, Para will make you read The Gray House by Mariam Petrosyan.
- Way Too Fantasy — WTF (yes…Way Too Fantasy) is our own Lrich’s blog! The (evil?) mastermind behind r/fantasy’s Book Bingo shares her thoughts about books, movies and TV shows.
- Whispers and Wonder — You haven’t seen a blog as pretty as this in a while. Trust us.
- Yasser’s Blog — This is Yasser’s blog. Say what you want about him, but he has impeccable book taste. And all of his hair.
Since we’re only human (Well… five humans, a bird, and a vegetable), a few names may have unfortunately slipped our minds. If you think this may include you, we sincerely apologise, and urge you to direct all of your anger towards Hiu. That’s what we’ll be doing, anyway.
If you happen to be a fantasy book blogger, feel free to leave a link to your own blog in the comments below!